Below is a random list of things to do when on holiday in Gozo. The Island’s size is an advantage as most sites are relatively close by. Different things apply to different people, tastes and lifestyles so not all of the things listed might apply to everyone. Nonetheless, try and enrich your holiday by pursuing some of the items on the list!
1. Go to a village festa and mingle with locals.
2. Organise a “fenkata” (eat rabbit), at a local restaurant.
3. Wander the streets of Victoria and the Citadel at night.
4. Have coffee at Cordina cafe in Victoria on a Sunday morning.
5. Try the Maltese pastizzi, either filled with ricotta or peas.
6. Go diving.
7. Go on a harbour cruise. These start mostly from Xlendi / Marsalforn.
8. Go to Ta’ Cenc cliffs, limits of Sannat.
9. Drink and dance at a disco, where all the nightlife is.
10. Visit the Azur Window in Dwejra.
11. Rent a mountain bike and cycle around Gozo.
12. Rent a car and explore.
13. Eat “bebbux” (snails).
14. Ride the traditional Malta Bus.
15. Buy some “Gozo Glass”.
16. Go on a “karozzin” (horse drawn carriage).
17. Get a boat to the Blue Lagoon in Comino.
18. Go to the Citadel in Gozo.
19. Go to the open air market in Victoria (early morning on Saturday).
20. Rent a Farmhouse.
21. Visit the Museum of Archeology.
22. Soak up the sun at Ramla Bay in Gozo.
23. Get married in Gozo.
24. Watch a movie at the Citadel Cinema in Victoria.
25. Try a bottle of Maltese wine.
26. Drive to the Salt pans in Qbajjar.
27. Walk in the Nadur war shelter.
28. Go parakiting from one of the sandy beaches and get a birds eye view of Malta & Gozo.
29. Eat at a restaurant at Marsalforn Bay.
30. Visit the shrine of Ta’ Pinu in Gozo.
31. Rent a jet-ski and enjoy the warm blue sea.
32. Buy Maltese bread from a village bakery.
33. Try the Maltese sausage and buy it from a village butcher.
34. Try Gozo cheese.
35. Eat by the water’s edge at Xlendi Bay in Gozo.
36. Explore the town of Rabat.
37. Read the “Times of Malta” newspaper daily.
38. Eat “lampuki” in summer, (local fish).
39. Charter a yacht and sail around the Maltese Islands.
40. Go to Comino by luzzo (Maltese boat).
41. Organize a day trip by catamaran to Sicily from Malta.
42. Get the ferry to Malta for a day.
43. Have a pint of Cisk Lager – Malta’s local beer.
44. Try Kinnie, a bitter-sweet Maltese soft-drink.
45. Try a packet of Twistees (local packet snack).
46. Try “Mqaret” a date filled pastry.
47. Try Hobz biz-Zejt, Maltese bread with tomato paste.
48. Attend the Nadur Carnival in Gozo in February.
49. Go back to the past by visiting the Ggantija temples in Gozo.
50. Drive to Ta’ Kola windmill in Xaghra.
51. Go to a summer party at La Grotta nightclub in Xlendi.
52. Go to Mgarr ix-Xini cove.
53. Try Gozitan cakes and sweets.
54. Try your luck at “Super 5” a weekly lotto game every Wednesday.
55. Run the Malta Marathon in February.